Why Katy is Standing In Cunninghame North:
Katy Clark is standing in Cunninghame North at the forthcoming Scottish Parliament elections. She has represented the whole constituency previously when when she was an MP for North Ayrshire and Arran from 2005 to 2015.
Katy is a strong advocate of economic policies to bring growth, investment and jobs to the West of Scotland. Having been an active trade unionist, as an MP she consistently worked with Trade Unions and their members in workplaces and would do the same as as MSP. Katy was at the forefront of the fight against austerity and privatisation, to extend employment rights and for properly funded public services and social security. As a lawyer, she took on many landmark legal cases, including Europe’s biggest Equal Pay case which helped deliver equal pay in the NHS.
Katy is campaigning for a Zero COVID strategy and for;
- A radical constitutional settlement based on a partnership of nations with full tax raising powers for the Scottish Parliament and the ability to borrow to build homes, invest in social and economic infrastructure and to generate wealth.
- For investment-led economic policies, for a Green New Deal, a Green Industrial Revolution and for the Green Jobs of the future; and to focus on the COP 26 international climate change conference in Glasgow scheduled for later in this year to ensure action is taken to address the climate challenge.
- For well funded Public Services in the Public Sector. For a National Care Service with properly trained and paid care staff. For better resources for schools and smaller class sizes. For a pay rise for all Public Sector workers.
- For full employment with well paid jobs, a jobs guarantee for our young people, for stronger Workers and Trade Union Rights and more effective equalities laws. For a Human Rights based approach with the Right to Food to be enshrined in law and legally enforceable.
- For the empowerment of communities, land reform, Community Wealth Building and a fair financial settlement for Local Government. Action to address inequality and eradicate poverty. For fair rents and stronger protections for tenants.
Does Katy have your vote?
Let us know if you will be voting for Katy Clark in the Cunninghame North Constituency;
Follow me on social media
Promoted by James Robson on behalf of Katy Clark, both at the Scottish Labour Party, 290 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4RE.